07 August 2008

Warning - Stitching can be hazardous to your health!

I was having such a lovely time this week. I was ahead on the housework front and able to indulge in lots of stitching, but it's come back to bite me. I've managed to over-stitch and caused myself an injury of sorts. Nothing major or dramatic and all self inflicted due to my poor hoop holding technique, but not what a girl wants or needs. Basically the muscles in my left shoulder have stopped playing the game due to being held in one position for hours on end and those unhappy muscles are causing me some very unwelcome pain. Moan, groan.


This block is just one of the culprits in my incapacitation, the others were probably the stitchery blocks for the bag/bucket swap bag I am making. Either way this does bode well for me finishing my Butterfly Garden block before next weeks class. Not happy Jan.

7 comments:

Lorraine said...

Oh Nic - I feel your pain....I did something to my shoulder and neck the other week and had to have some intensive physio to get me ready for the Loxton weekend...LOL...I made it but was still pretty sore for the first day but it settled down for the rest of the weekend...a shame that the Spring camp has been cancelled....I was looking forward to meeting you gals!! We might still come over and visit since I have taken some leave from work so may as well do something!!

Unknown said...

Oh no!! I hope you recover quickly. Treat yourself to a massage...it works wonders...trouble is they never go for long enough. Jo x

Stina Blomgren said...

I know the feeling... same here with me...take it easy some days and you will be back in shape again...I hope!!

Leanne said...

Oh that's no good...my advise is drugs and lots of them..Lorraine has left a comment so wouldn't see this but she would laugh...that was my advise to her also.

Foothills Fabric & Threads said...

Hi Nic,
I hope your shoulder has improved. You looked very stiff and sore yesterday. Sandra

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Hope you make a speedy recovery for your shoulder injury!!

Sweet P said...

I feel your pain too! My back gets sore if I sit and sew too long without moving around. I've had shoulder pains on and off for years. I'm glad though I don't get pain when I do hand work. Great block! I am still working on that one myself.