29 August 2008

A bag swap peek and more

I have been very quiet of late, but thats only because i have been busy sewing. Not a lot of sewing for myself but i have managed to get some presents made for swaps and birthdays. It is a relief to write that i have finished the bag i am swapping in Linda's bag/bucket swap. I am usually quick to start but very slow to finish when it comes to bags, but this month i have finished 2 and am part way through another.

Here is a bit of a look at what i have made. I hope my swap partner likes neopolitan ice cream.


It's nothing like the first peek i gave a few weeks back. While i really liked what i had originally started making , i decided that it was far too cutesy and set about making another bag based on one that my eldest sister had made me years ago.

The 2nd bag i made is a present for a little girl turning 9. It is a great little bag, very simple but still pretty enough. It is from a pattern by Leanne Beasley in the latest Australian Homespun magazine.

Hexagons are popping up everywhere and when my friend Lynda had some on auction i couldn't resist grabbing them. I'm not sure exactly what i plan to do with them, but having them ready and on hand when i do decide is the bestest.


I love frogs ! I think they are fabulous little creatures. And it is very exciting that soon we will be playing host to oodles of wiggly little tadpoles. Its not our first time as foster parents to lots of taddies, last year we had a swimming pool full of them.


Sadly, that didn't end so well for the late bloomers, but fortunately this year the frogs have restricted themselves to a little derelict pond. Once these little guys grow up there is going to be a massive population explosion (much to my hubby's dismay...... he thinks they're "noisy little buggers").


This pond really isn't a pretty sight. We were ready to pull it out back in February but once the rains came it filled up again and became the nursery that it is today. We will have to get in much quicker next year so that a new pond can be nicely established somewhere nearby for the next round of frogs and their offspring.

Yippeeeee! The sun is shining and the sky is a brilliant blue. I can't wait for Spring !!!!!!

6 comments:

May Britt said...

Beautiful colours in your swap bag :) Look forward to see all the finished bags all around the world when the swap is over

Leanne said...

Oh Nic we must live in a parallel universe I love frogs and do anything to attract them but my husband hates them ....they keep him awake at night....we have a pond by our bedroom and if I arrange the pump in a certain way the boy frogs come a leaping and croak all night...sadly I'm not allowed to do that any more.

Jodie said...

ooh your christmas header just brought me up short- surely we have longer than that !!!

Nikki said...

Oh, I love frogs, too... we don't have a pond or swimming pool to attract them. I'm very jealous!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Your purple bag looks perfect for a 9 yr old girl! Can't wait to see the rest of your swap bag.

Kris said...

You lucky ducks! I love frogs. (I also think your header is scary! It does us all good to be scared sometimes.) Love your stitching too! Have a great weekend!