12 August 2008

Against Dr's orders

Thank you for all the advice on managing sore over-worked shoulders. I am feeling better...... not 100% yet, but getting there. All would probably be great if i could stop myself from picking up needle and thread but that is a near impossible task.
Anyway using my loopy logic i decided to do some hand piecing, since it was a stitchery which first got me in trouble. Not real smart i guess, doing anything by hand is the problem. But i am pleased with what i have to show for my time and aching arm.
From yet another blog tutorial..... who can resist trying them all out ?

This is from a great pincushion tutorial by May Britt at Abyquilt . Silly me made my flower upside down by getting my piecing a little muddled up, but i still like the effect it created. May Britt has a few lovely tutorials that really need to be checked out.

There are also a few giveaways happening at the moment too.

Lila Tueller Designs is in the last days of her gorgeous giveaway.

Candace at Wraggedypatches is celebrating 100 posts.

Cheryl at Polka Dots and Rick Rack is celebrating her blogiversary.

Until next time ......

5 comments:

May Britt said...

It is nice even though you did it wrong :)

rachelmp said...

It's very cute Nic. I'll have to check that one. Soon as I get a minute I am going to make a basket from A Spoonful of Sugar. Hope you are feeling better, it's the laptop and sewing machine sore neck that gets me..

Leanne said...

Hey your first attempt at that pin cushion is better than mine...mine turned out like a dough nut without the hole...it is very useful pin cushion I might add. Look after that shoulder.

Karen said...

I like the neopolitan ice cream colors. What a yummy way to describe them. I have lots of bag patterns but rarely get around to making them.

Poker Small Blind said...

It is remarkable, rather amusing idea