26 May 2008

Weeks Come & Go

I am in awe of those bloggers out there who manage to post an entry in their blog every other day. I don't know how they do it. I keep waiting to finish a project or have something interesting happen so I'll have something to say but it takes too long.

So............ even though i haven't finished anything, i have managed to make some progress and keep busy.

This past week :

  • I have been diligently working on my Butterfly Garden mini blocks and now have 1 to do, 1 to finish and 1 that needs re-doing (not that it's that bad but enough that it will bug me if i don't do it again ).
  • I also signed up for my first blog based swap. The pincushion swap hosted by Linda at All Stitched Up.
  • My eldest daughter turned 11 ( wow only another 18 months and she'll be starting highschool !)
Unfortunately there are no new photos to share but here is one from the archives.



This is a wall hanging designed by Christine Book and Danielle Carey called Beneath our Southern Sky. I was feeling very homesick (and patriotic too) a lot of the time we were living in Switzerland so this was my attempt to bring some Aussie-ness to our apartment. I managed to get it about 3/4 quilted before we came home to Australia and of course that it how it has remained. I really should add it back on to my "things to finish" list.

5 comments:

Leanne said...

You make me feel old my youngest is 19 today. How long did you live in Switzerland? It is such a beautiful country.

Stina Blomgren said...

That is a beatiful quilt...so please add it to your list!!

rachelmp said...

Lovely quilt Nic. Don't you just love reminding yourself to get things finished ...

Anonymous said...

Hi Nic,
I met you at Quilt Camp and today discovered your blog, thanks to Lynda's blog. I love it! Great pix and lovely work. Do you recall the origin of the pattern for the wall hanging, on the right-hand bar of your blog? The one with the dog + cat + etc. I'd love to do this one.
Take care and hope to see you again,
michelle
from
murrumbeena

Anonymous said...

Hello Nic,

I just stumbled across your website. What a beautiful Australia quilt - you ought to be very proud of yourself!