14 May 2008

The Call of the Wool

Opps i did it again!

I've gotten side tracked, but i don't mind. It was nice to have a change of pace. This little fellow is Fuzzy Lamb designed by Fuzzy Mitten ( there are some really cute designs). He was pretty quick to make. Which was surprising since it's been years since i have done any knitting.
The reason i started with the wool thing is Mel the monkey from The Stitching Room. He is very cute and i needed a starting point to see if i was up to the challenge. I think i'll do ok, but a monkey will definitely be more then a 24hr project.


On the weekend i managed to get lots of sewing done. .......the only perk when DH has to work Saturday and Sunday! I made a start on my 3rd block for Butterfly Garden and pieced all the little mini blocks. I still have to finish block 2 but i felt like having some quality time with my sewing machine. And it paid off.

They are looking very bare without all the appliqué and stitcheries but it's a start.


6 comments:

Stina Blomgren said...

Ohhh..what a cutie... and your 3rd block is wonderful...ohh..I really need to start my blocks!!!

Leanne said...

You will be very surprise how easy Mel is to knit lots of straight knitting. I love your little lamb he is so cute.

Anonymous said...

That lamb is super cute! I think you've inspired me to do the Butterfly Garden quilt as well! I'm Googleing for someone that does a bom right now!!!

Anonymous said...

All my blocks look like your 3 rd block :)

Unknown said...

Hi Nic, Can you email me your postal details for the pincushion swap please?

Sweet P said...

I found your blog through the pincushion swap. I see you're making Leanne's Butterfly Garden quilt. I love your progress so far. I'm making the quilt too but using bright colors. Isn't her work divine?