05 July 2008

Making the most of an unplanned blogging holiday

At the beginning of this year i had no idea how hooked on blogs and blogging i would be just 6 short months. All it took was a forced hiatus and the habit was revealed. The sigh of relief when our internet connection regained its full health was practically seismic.

However, I have put my time to some good use.


This little bucket is made using the fab tutorial provided by RicRac
The stitchery is from Anni Downs "Simple Pleasures" book. I had stitched it as part of the Cyber stitching day organised by Karen at Mrs Martins Quilt Shop......BUT in typical fashion i didn't read the instructions and stitched the wrong size Kitty. It did make a good decoration for the little bucket though.


Then there is the ( mostly) matching thread catcher from another great tutorial, this time by The Stitching Room. These were made as little gifts for a fellow quilter...........hmmmmm i hope she isn't reading this.

"My Home is My Haven" wallhanging, designed by Anni Downs of Hatched & Patched. This was just one of the cute little projects we had starter kits for on the Stitching Day in June.

I also received my pincushion from the swap organised by Linda at All Stitched Up.
My lovely partner Paula in NH sent me this sweet little pincushion heart and a matching needle case. It is a very pretty in blue.


Here is a little sneak peek of my pincushion which i shall be sending off to its new home on Monday.


Have a lovely weekend.

13 comments:

Lynda said...

You have been very productive this past few weeks. Well done.

Vickie said...

wow Nic, great projects there,I love your stitchery the clours are great..your pincushion looks sweet,
cheers Vickie

Anonymous said...

You have done lovely stitchery project. The pincushion looks cute, hope we can see more picture later when it has recive the new owner..

Have a nice weekend!

Leanne said...

Amazing how much you can get done when you don't have the internet. Love the bucket and the buttons on the thread catcher are really sweet. The heart pin cushion is great I have just made a few of them they are quick and easy.

Helz said...

Just Luv that little bucket! Your Pincushion looks quite enticing...

Stina Blomgren said...

Love the way you used your stitchery from Anni...clever!! And already finished with your wallhanging...great! I´m so behind ...sigh...your pincushion sure look intresting... will be good when you can show us some more!!

Robyn said...

Wow - just look at what can be done when you aren't distracted by the computer. I love the thread catcher, it looks almost like origami.

By the way - as the only person I have managed to find who posted a pic of their mess, if you send me your snail mail addy I will send a little pressie your way (I forgot to finish my little competition lol)

Robyn

Cathy said...

Wow, lots of finishes! Love the cat stitchery on the bucket!! Cathyc

Unknown said...

wow you have been busy!! All looks fantastic...Anni's little book is super! Jo x

Sweet P said...

You have been busy! Your projects are cute. I'm glad you liked your pincushion and needle case.

Unknown said...

Busy, busy, busy, so glad you enjoyed the pincushion swap.

Anonymous said...

Oh very productive and so nice to see all your stitcheries from Anni Downs' book. I am doing some of the stitcheries too and not sure what I will do with them yet? You have provided some great ideas.

Christine said...

Lovely pictures. I love your bucket with the kitty. And your wallhanging is adorable. I bought the book but haven't made anything yet.