05 June 2008

Absolutely Scrumptious

I just can't resist sharing this recipe. We had the yummiest mushroom risotto tonight, it was so so good and made using the slow cooker so it was pretty easy too.

The ingredients are 100g butter, 400g mixed sliced mushrooms, 1 diced onion, and 1 & 1/4 Cup arborio rice - these ingredients are fried in the butter for 10 minutes. Combine 1 L of water with a sachet of McCormick Slow Cooker Beef & Mushroom Ragout. Place rice, onion & mushroom mix in slow cooker with the water mix and 10 sprigs of fresh thyme ( i accidentally used rosemary instead and it was a very tasty mistake, just had to remove the stray leaves) . Cook on high for 2 hours, stirring every 1/2 hour. Just before serving mix through 1 cup of grated or shaved parmesan cheese and remove thyme sprigs ( or rosemary). An optional 2 Tablespoons of cream could be added before serving for a creamier version but i found i super creamy without any cream. Serves 4 - 6.

On a quilty note i am slowly finishing off my block 3 of Butterfly Garden, just a little more to do and then I'm done. I may just reach my goal of having all 3 blocks sewn together for class next week.

5 comments:

Lynda said...

But I dont like mushrooms??

Unknown said...

Yummo!! I love the slow cooker and have heard from a friend those new mixes are great. I will certainly be trying this out. Thanks. Jo x

Helz said...

Hello There Nic... Would you believe I decided on the Mild Chicken Curry & Garlic/Herb Lamb Shanks in the McCormicks Slow Cooker Sachets today & put the Beef & Mushroom Ragout back!!! Kicking myself now.......

Stina Blomgren said...

Looks really tasty...!!
Can´t come in contact with you in any other way...still noreply...;D I have added you into my giveaway...So good luck!!

Vanessa said...

Yum, looks and sounds great! I recently bought a packet microwave mix of mushroom risotto (for lazy days!), mixed in some baby spinach and used it to stuff some huge field mushrooms, served with shaved parmesan and a salsa of basil and tomato. Was very good, but there is nothing lik fresh, home made risotto!