03 June 2008

Already Ready

Yipee ! I am ready for my next class at Foothills Fabric and Thread. Last week a small group of ladies including myself started a semi-QAYG flannel quilt with Sue Taylor ( here is the class sample ) and yesterday i finished piecing all my blocks. The next class isn't until the 18th of June but the fabric was so yummy that i had to get them all done asap.



However, i did find that i had trouble staying put at the machine. I think i am much better suited to appliqué and stitcheries, even though they take so much longer. Just as well i am also making Butterfly Garden, there's enough appliqué and stitcheries there to keep anyone satisfied.

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

can't wait to see this all finished.......

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Nic, that looks very interesting, need some more progress shots please....

Sweet P said...

Those blocks are interesting! I go thru streaks when all I want to do is sit at the sewing machine and piece and piece and piece. Usually during our football season (Sept - Jan) is when I focus on stitcheries and applique. That's when we spend all day Sunday watching football games.

rachelmp said...

Hi Nic. That looks great! I've never done a QAYG or flannels, bit the same about the sewing machine, but if it gets it finished - I'm there. Keep going!

Stina Blomgren said...

Wow...that was fast...love to see more...guess I will have to wait...;D
Think I´m more to stitching and applique too...but sometimes I enjoy the sewing more..

Anonymous said...

Nice work Nic! Love to see your quilt done and your fabrcis is so lovely..

Take care!

Lorraine said...

Great work Nic...nice to have your homework done early!! I have all the fabric for a quilt (for my daughter) just sitting on the cutting table.....it is flannel and she wants a shaggy quilt so they take no time to do....but I am stalled - just need to start cutting it I think....have been sidetracked my swaps and other stuff in my holidays...but I promised her I would get it done and she is coming home this weekend to house (and dog) sit for us so may have to "bite the bullet" and get it done.....