28 October 2008

And Mumma duck said Quack, Quack , Quack !


But only 10 little ducks came back !

Sadly, one little duckling didn't make it through the night. He could have fallen victim to any number of predators but most likely it was an owl. We often see them out and about in the evening.


Chances are the duck family won't be staying with us too much longer. They are taking longer and longer strolls away from the safety of the pool, and may soon be ready to take the kids for a swim down the creek. It would be the safest way for the family to leave our yard, any other route would put them in constant danger.

Yikes ! They're heading towards the lane besides our yard. I can't take this kind of worry !!!
There are so many dogs and cats that roam in our street.

Panic session over ( for the moment ) they have decided the pool yard is a safer place to be.

With our very cute guests here I rushed off this morning to get a battery for my other camera so i could zoom in and get some pleasing pics of all their goings on, but the rotten thing is showing only a blank screen. A known fault apparently. Not happy !!

Anyone got a favourite SLR camera they would like to tell me about. I think i'm in the market for a new one!

1 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Hi I am behind..........but I do have a wonderful Canon Digital SLR 400D.........love it........goodluck........