29 December 2008

Happy Holidays and SSCS treats

I can't believe after all that build up Christmas has come and gone. Wow!
Despite the craziness it was well worth it and quite enjoyable. We had a very quiet day at home, a lazy morning and a lunch that was so late it became dinner.
My girls got together and made a gingerbread house on the 23rd of December. For a first try it turned out pretty good and they definitely enjoyed decorating it.

Here it is in all its glory. I think as many lollies were consumed in the making, as were applied to the house, but i guess that's also part of the fun.

Liv made a special gingerbread snowman just the right size. He was the first casualty on Christmas day.

But alas, now there is none.

I was thoroughly spoilt on Christmas day by my SSCS partner Sherri. Sherri gave my 3 gorgeous handmade gifts, a tablerunner, a basket and a little zippered bag. All beautifully made in very pretty fabric.

As well as these lovely gifts, Sherri also sent me 2 American quilting magazines and 2 patterns.

Thank you Sherri for your beautiful gifts and thank you Donna for organising this great swap, it really made my Christmas day.

8 comments:

Laura2007 said...

Beautiful ginger house!!!

Christine said...

You got some lovely gifts from Sherri ... the tablerunner is gorgeous. And your girls did well with their gingerbread house.
Christine

Joy said...

Oh I love your gingerbread house, the girls did a great job!!! I bought one last year and put it on the shelf in all its pretty cellophaney ribbony wrappings as part of our festive decorations ... spotted it on boxing day ... oops, we'd forgotten to eat it LOL!!!
Your gifts from Sherri are gorgeous, love the fabrics!!!
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Nic! Your girls did a great job on the gingerbread house - I can almost see Hansel and Gretel peering nibbling on the door frame! Oh wait - THAT must be what happened to the house!! Tee! Hee! Hee! Your gifties from your SSCS partner are fab, too - aren't we all spoilt?! There are such clever people out in blogland!! Bear Hugs! KRIS

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Great Gingerbread house....great treats from your SSCS partner...

Leanne said...

It's a rule you have to eat more lollies than you put on the gingerbread house. Lucky you I love the tablerunner

Trisha said...

I know I already thanked you on my blog but I just had to come over here and thank you again. I absolutely adore the wall quilt you made for me! It is so sweet and your quilting skills are amazing. I hung it on my wall and every time I see it, it makes me smile. Thank you SO much!! And the chocolate was delicious!

Chookyblue...... said...

lovely table runner and goodies from Sherri.......